Tuesday, February 19, 2013

''Traditional Cajun Music and Modern Cajun Music''

First of all, both songs are nice, and the language is cajun derivative French ''Cajun Frech''. In my opinion, the first song ''The Balfa Brothers'' is a romantic song, because the rythm is slow, and also the voice of the singer sounds romantic. I think is the perfect song to couples dance in a romantic way. Moreover, the second song is totally different, is more energeticic, people can dance in an energetic way and enjoy with friends.

I think that the instruments are: electric guitars, drum kit, acoustic guitar and fiddle. 

I like it the first song..,because sounds romantic! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcela,

    I wanted to share with you the English translation of the Balfa Brothers song. It's definitely about a love of something!

    2/2

    Drunkards Waltz
    Hey, since the age of fourteen
    I've rambled from road to road
    Rambling with my bottle in hand
    Trying to find another like you,
    You're the only one my heart desires
    Hey Baby, each time I leave my house
    Pop and mom start crying
    They follow me to the gate of the yard
    Saying "You're good for nothing,
    "Don't do that and come back and join us."
    Oh, I always said
    Always said to my old pop and to my dear old mom
    I know I'm a good for nothing
    I'm good for nothing for myself
    I never did anything for anybody
    Hey Baby,
    Today, no matter where I go
    The whites and the blacks point their fingers at me
    Saying, "Look there, look there a the good for nothing,
    The drunken rambler"
    Hey, dear
    Today I'm condemned
    Condemned to ramble
    My wheelbarrow on my six-inch plank,
    For ninety --nine years
    Ninety-nine years, that's the limit for a good for nothing.
    That's the rest of my life
    So far from the one I love
    When I was little
    I cried for my potato
    And when I got older,
    I'd cry for my bottle
    Now I'm grown
    And I'm crying for the little widows
    I'd be so happy to have one,
    And bring her back to my house.

    ReplyDelete